Please login to transcribe this page.
The QUEEN against JOHN FROST and Others.
ABSTRACT OF INDICTMENT
I. I.-LEVYING WAR, WITH OVERT ACTS.
II. II.-LEVYING WAR.
III. III.-COMPASSING AND IMAGINING TO DEPOSE THE QUEEN.
1. Consulting to devise Plans and Means.
2. Conspiring to seize and take Possession of Newport, and cut off the Communication by
the Post, or otherwise.
3. Conspiring to attack and fight with the Soldiers and attack and obstruct the Magistrates,
and to levy War and subvert the Constitution.
4. Providing Arms and Ammunition.
5. Parading through Villages, attacking Houses, and forcing Inhabitants and others to join.
6. Entering Newport in a Warlike manner, and breaking and entering a House there where
the Magistrates and Soldiers were, and firing on and wounding them.
7. Levying War.
IV. IV.-CONSPIRING TO LEVY WAR AGAINST THE QUEEN, IN ORDER TO COMPEL
HER TO CHANGE HER MEASURES.
Like Overt Acts as in last Count.[history]
You don't have permission to discuss this page.